If interested please send resume to: AFC-Recruiting@ankleandfootcenter.com. Please add job title in subject line of the email.
The primary responsibility of the Front Office Coordinator is to manage and control the front desk area by welcoming patients and coordinating directly with the Doctor & Medical Assistant. The F/O Coordinator interacts with the patient and ensures that check-in and check-out is carried out accurately, friendly and efficiently. Answers general questions about policies, procedures, and services. This is the first point of contact for our patients and top customer service skills should be employed to ensure that the patient experience is positive. Position works under general supervision and reports to a Regional Manager.
The primary objective of the MA is to assist the physician with all aspects of patient-care, as well as represent the company in a professional and courteous manner. The position primarily involves supporting the Doctor and assisting the patients in a manner consistent with a pleasurable clinic experience, accurate information and positive patient outcome.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome, orient, and greet patients in an enthusiastic manner.
- Schedule appointments.
- Register all patients.
- Collect co-pays and deductibles.
- Balance daily logs and make daily deposits.
- Insurance knowledge and able to explain services.
- Entrusted with handling confidential information, material and abide by HIPAA guidelines.
- Escort patients to and from treatment rooms, distribute health information, and collect lab specimens.
- Ensures all new-patient forms and charts are completed prior to consultation with Podiatrist and reviews medical history.
- Check vital signs: height/weight, administers medications, removes socks/shoes/dressings, perform Xrays.
- Handle Rx refill duties.
- Reviews instructions with patients: orthotic agreements, consent forms, etc.
- Clean rooms after each treatment: disinfect counter tops, disinfect / sterilize used instruments, sweep floor, etc.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Maintains customer-service orientation at all times.
- Records billing information of services rendered.
Other Training, Skills, Certifications, & Key Competencies:
- High School graduate and formal training from a vocational school or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification.
- 2+ years prior medical experience in a similar clinical setting; work with a Podiatrist preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to interact positively with other staff members
- Working knowledge of electronic health records and MS Office (word, outlook) etc.
Job Types: Full-Time
Salary negotiable based on experience. Benefits Offered