If interested please send resume to: AFC-Recruiting@ankleandfootcenter.com. Please add job title in subject line of the email.
The primary objective of the MA is to assist the physician with all aspects of patient care, as well as represent the company in a professional and courteous manner. The position primarily involves supporting the Doctor and assisting the patients in a manner consistent with a pleasurable clinic experience, accurate information, and positive patient outcome.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entrusted with handling confidential information, material and abide by HIPAA guidelines.
- Escort patients to and from treatment rooms, distribute health information and collect lab specimens.
- Ensures all new-patient forms and charts are completed prior to consultation with the Podiatrist and reviews medical history.
- Check vital signs: height/weight, administers medications, removes socks/shoes/dressings, perform Xrays.
- Handle Rx refill duties.
- Reviews instructions with patients: orthotic agreements, consent forms, etc.
- Clean rooms after each treatment: disinfect countertops, disinfect/sterilize used instruments, sweep floor, etc.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Maintains customer-service orientation at all times.
- Records billing information of services rendered.
Other Training, Skills, Certifications, & Key Competencies:
- High School graduate and formal training from a vocational school or equivalent
- 2+ years prior medical experience in a similar clinical setting; work with a Podiatrist preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to interact positively with other staff members
- Working knowledge of electronic health records and MS Office (word, outlook) etc.
- eClinicalswork a PLUS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary negotiable based on experience. Benefits Offered